Monday, January 9, 2012

Frustration

Anyone who's ever had their own business knows the frustration of having little to no money for the first 12 months. They say in retail that if you can't make it work within the first 2 years, you should spend the third selling off your assets and getting out.

I'm still in my first and it's a trying business. My husband is the sole supporter of the household financially and every week we add up the bills, and every week there's little to nothing left over. Every week I promise him things will get better but I see his frustration building.

I have to remind myself why I'm doing this. I want to be able to support myself and my family so that if anything happens, if hubby looses his job or gets sick, I can look after us. I want to have something for our baby's future. I want her to go to a good school and to be able to afford ballet lessons and piano lessons. All of these things cost a bundle so we need two incomes.

My reason for working my ass of for little financial reward....

I also want to enjoy what I do and to make something that I'm proud of. I want to stand back and say "look at what I achieved".

I'm determined to succeed with my little shop. My husband may have to learn some patience, but that's OK, he'll be proud of my end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!