Monday, April 16, 2012

And We're Off!

Yesterday I did my final market before our holiday and I'm so happy it went well.

At the recent Beechworth Night Market I sold one of my own skirts that I made and it was great. But this market I sold one of my dresses and I'm completely chuffed. I'm chuffed because this dress was so original, one of my own designs (although you can say it's similar to other designs) and no one else had anything like it on their stalls.

Normally I'm selling other peoples creations but more and more I'm making my own and I have so many ideas for stalls in the future.


This market was flat out from the start and after working in the shop selling kids clothing all day Saturday I was already pretty tired. Thank God I had my Mum there to help me. After packing up the shop and loading the car with all the handmade clothing and gift ware on Saturday afternoon, we were up early Sunday morning to set up for the Little Me Market in Wodonga. No sooner had we set up than customers started pouring in. And they didn't stop until well after 2pm!



It really was a great atmosphere with kids everywhere, Mum and Dads busy looking for clothes, toys and home wares, live music and plenty of yummy cupcakes........

After packing up I headed home to start on the washing and cleaning because tomorrow WE GO TO IRELAND!!

I can't believe it's already here and tonight is our last sleep in Albury before we leave. It will take 35 hours to get to where we're going and I'm so nervous about the flight. My husband has been wonderful the last couple of days. I've had a few small meltdowns, mostly about what to where on the plane and what to pack.

We've weighed our bags, locked all the deadlocks on the windows, made sure a stop has been put on the mail and organised emergency contact numbers in case something happens while we're away.

I don't know how I'll sleep tonight and when I'll get to blog again. Hubby has promised me I can blog while I'm away but it might be a couple of days before I get the chance to.

Anyway.....see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!