Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Fitness Pal

It's possible I've over indulged the last couple of weeks.....OK I definatey over indulged! I've gained a kilo and although it's not much, I seriously can't afford to gain any weight or I'm at risk of going up a jeans size and besides....wasn't it my new years resolution to loose 10kg?

So last night I thought it's time to get serious. I'm the kind of person who says "fuck it....I'll deal with the consequences later" but this time I don't want to get to the stage where I'm so depressed about the size of my bum and that my friends, or sisters, or hubby can do what I don't seem to have the discipline to.

I downloaded an app on my iphone last night. It's called My Fitness Pal and it's awesome. Basically it's a calorie counter, food and excercise diary all in one. It has a bar code scanner built in that allows you to find out how many calories a serving of that food contains.


I then entered or scanned in the foods that I ate and entered how much excercise I did and it told me if I was a good girl today or a bad girl.

I need encouraging little apps like this to motivate me. I was really over eating! According to My Fitness Pal I should be eating about 1200 calories a day if I want to loose 1kg a week. I would have been consuming about 1800 to 2000 a day so I'm surprised I didn't put on more weight.

Anyway, at the end of the week I'll let you know if the kilo has come off and my jeans are any looser.

Now for some motivational music.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!