Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Very Belated Freakin Weekend Recap

I started writing this post on Monday. Then I got sidetracked with a sick toddler, shop sale, buying and other stuff. Anyway, this is what you should have got on Monday.....






A trip to Melbourne, a sick toddler, a birthday cake & a new baby. That was my weekend.


It started Thursday (yes I know it's not officially the weekend but any time I am child free and not in the shop is a weekend to me) when I drove to Melbourne to check out a bunch of children's clothing boutiques, wholesalers and shop fitting places to get ideas and buy for the new shop. 


I stopped off at a little place in Moonee Ponds that I won't name because I don't plug businesses that are rude to me. Whilst she had a lovely set up and I got some great ideas for display, the owner was less than helpful and spent most of her time behind the counter chatting to what sounded like a friend on the phone. 




I did love the little dolls cradle and Tiger Tribe Owl Mobile though. Had she been more helpful I may have purchased it for Emily's birthday......oh well, you snooze you lose!


After visiting several shops and a couple of wholesalers I checked into my hotel and got ready for my girly night out. I finally found a blue Esprit top in the Myer sale before I left and it was a perfect match with my blue suede shoes. Hair and make-up done I was ready to rock and caught up with my girlfriends for a scrumptious meal and loads of laughs in St Kilda. 


Clearly bored I started taking selfies in the hotel room!


My bestie that I was supposed to meet up with has been sick for the past week with an allergic reaction to a medication she's taking and nothing was helping it go away. She had to miss our dinner and was so miserable at home. On Friday I stopped off at Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio and picked up some Salted Caramel Ã‰clairs to cheer her up. 


If you're ever in Melbourne you must check it out! Talk about a sweet tooth's heaven! 

After that it was a quick stopover at Shop for Shops and Ikea for some shop fittings and then on home to my little girl who had been sent home from childcare with a 38.5'C temp. While I was away she had developed a chest infection and there's nothing worse than being in another state while you little angel is home sick and just wanting her Mummy. 

After spending Saturday in bed for most of the day she seemed to brighten up briefly on Sunday for her birthday. It may have been the massive amount of gifts she was given.......

For dinner I cooked an amazing slow cooked coriander and cumin marinated leg of lamb in my Nanna's slow cooker. I love that my friends think it's some kind of cool retro piece I purposely bought when in actual fact Nan left it to me. She was the one who gave me my passion for cooking so I love when I can utilise something of hers for big family meals. 




Next I started on the cake. This is another recipe of my Nanna's and I'll put it up on the blog tonight. It's called Beat It Bake It Chocolate Cake It. I don't know who came up with the name but it's been passed down from my Nanna to my Mum to Me and it's such a simple recipe where you throw all the ingredients into the bowl, turn the mixer on for 3-5 minutes and then pop into the oven for 30 minutes. Viola, rich fluffy chocolate cake! 


I took inspiration from the Melbourne trip and Googled a Salted Caramel Frosting which was delicious!




It went down a treat, even though she mostly tried to grab the candle and didn't have much of an appetite. Dad (also known as the Chocolate King) and I loved it! 


So that was my weekend....how was yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!